US SIF to Hold National Sustainable, Responsible And Impact Investing Conference May 23-25 in Washington, DC
US SIF hosts its sixth annual conference, Investing for the Next Generation
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
Featured speakers will include US Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez
will host its sixth annual conference, Investing for the Next Generation
, on May 23-25, 2016 at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, in Washington DC. Featured speakers at the conference include US Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez, Sheldon Whitehouse, US Senator from Rhode Island, and Deborah Winshel, Global Head of Impact Investing at BlackRock.
“Our conference agenda is rich in topics on the front lines of the news. We have a diverse roster of speakers who will address topics including climate change, the lack of women in private equity, corporate tax issues, the future of sustainable and impact investing and creating an internationally diverse and inclusive workplace,” said Lisa Woll, CEO of US SIF.
Other critical issues that will be covered include:
- family offices and impact investing
- recent changes to federal guidance on the consideration of environmental, social and governance issues
- food waste
- robo-advising; and
- sustainable agriculture
Conference attendees and speakers will include representatives from sustainable and impact investment management and advisory firms, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community development financial institutions and asset owners such as pension funds and foundations, along with policymakers and corporate leaders.
Plenary speakers at the conference include:
- Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse
- Matthew Weatherley-White, Managing Director of The CAPROCK Group
- Deborah Winshel, Global Head of Impact Investing at BlackRock
- Theresa Whitmarsh, Executive Director of the Washington State Investment Board
- Ellen Dorsey, Executive Director of The Wallace Global Fund
- Seth Magaziner, the General Treasurer of Rhode Island
- Erika Karp, Founder and CEO of Cornerstone Capital Inc.
- Kurt A. Summers Jr., Treasurer, The City of Chicago
Breakout session speakers include:
- Agnes Dasewicz, Director at Office of Private Capital and Microenterprise, USAID
- Apoorva Gandhi, Vice President of Multicultural Affairs, Marriott International
- Eleni D. Janis, Vice President and Director, Social Capital Desk, New York City Economic Development Corporation
- Jalak Jobanputra, Founding Partner, FuturePerfect Ventures
- Andy Miller, Global Mining and Metals Leader, Ernst & Young
- Suzan Miller, Vice President, Corporate Secretary and Deputy General Counsel, Intel Corporation
- Matt Onek, CEO, Mission Investors Exchange
- Jacqueline Patterson, Director of Environmental and Climate Justice, NAACP
- Nancy Roman, President and CEP, Capital Area Food Bank
- Marty Spitzer, Director of US Climate & Energy Policy, World Wildlife Fund
Immediately preceding the conference on May 23, US SIF will hold a training session on The Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment
for financial advisors, financial planners and consultants. This event is a unique opportunity to learn about sustainable, responsible and impact investing and meet with other investment professionals in this growing field.
Additionally, the conference is offering the Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship Program, a special educational program of the US SIF Foundation in collaboration with its Diversity and Inclusion Initiative. The program enables undergraduate or graduate students who are committed to or interested in a career in sustainable investment to receive scholarships to cover the registration costs for the conference.
For full conference agenda details, including a list of breakout sessions, and conference sponsors, please click here
For registration information, please click here.
# # #
About US SIF
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment (http://www.ussif.org) is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Our mission is to rapidly shift investment practices towards sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. Among the hundreds of US SIF members are: investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing institutions, non-profit associations, and pension funds, foundations and other asset owners.