US SIF Announces Recipients of Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship
Recipients will attend 8th annual conference, Investing for a Sustainable World.
WASHINGTON, D.C., May 23, 2018
– US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment has announced the 2018 winners of the Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship. The unique opportunity offers undergraduate or graduate students committed to or interested in a career in sustainable, responsible and impact investment (SRI) with the opportunity to attend the US SIF conference from May 30 to June 1.
In addition to covering registration and housing costs for US SIF's annual conference, US SIF will provide scholarship recipients with funding to attend the US SIF Foundation's in-person course, Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment,
which will take place immediately prior to the conference. The scholarship program is named for Peter DeSimone, a 20-plus year veteran of the SRI community. He was a US SIF staff member for several years, inaugurating the position of Policy Director, and helped launch the first conference.
Lisa Woll, CEO of US SIF said, “We are proud to honor these young scholars who have demonstrated a commitment to the field of sustainable, responsible and impact investment. We have heard from past scholars that attending the conference is an invaluable opportunity to learn from leaders and experts in the field of SRI, enhance their knowledge and network with US SIF member firms and other institutions attending our conference."
This year's scholarship recipients are:
- Grace Chen, Johns Hopkins University, BS Environmental Science, BA Public Health, minor in Business (May 2020)
- Conor Eckert, Brown University, BA in Economics (May 2018)
- Nicole Garcia, University of California, Davis, Bachelor's (2018)
- Brooklyn Hamel, The Fletcher School at Tufts University, MA International Business (May 2018)
- Aparna Jindal, Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School, MS Finance (August 2018)
- Anne Shannon, Washington and Lee University, Business Administration and Environmental Studies (May 2020)
For more information on US SIF's annual conference, please click here
About US SIF
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Its mission is to rapidly shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, asset owners, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing organizations and nonprofit associations.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF, including offering trainings on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment
. The biennial Report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends
will be published later this year.
For more information about the Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship, please contact Bryan McGannon, Director of Policy and Programs at US SIF, at BMcGannon@ussif.org
or 202.872.5359. Learn more at www.ussif.org