US SIF Foundation to Release Biennial Report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends on October 31
WASHINGTON, D.C., Oct. 1 - The US SIF Foundation is slated to release its 2018 biennial Report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends on October 31. A media briefing will be held that afternoon in New York. Reporters interested in being added to the US SIF Trends Report distribution list or attending the media briefing should contact email@example.com.
The Trends Report—first conducted in 1995—is the most comprehensive study of sustainable, responsible and impact (SRI) investing in the United States. The report provides data on the US asset management firms and institutional asset owners using one or more sustainable investment strategies and examines the environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues they consider in managing their portfolios.
The 2016 Trends Report revealed a 33 percent increase in sustainable investing assets since 2014, with total SRI assets expanding to $8.72 trillion—more than one in five dollars under professional management in the United States. The 2018 report continues to assess the overall growth of sustainable investing in the United States while providing deeper insights into:
- The factors that are driving demand for SRI strategies
- Money manager utilization of SRI strategies within mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, alternative funds and other investment vehicles
- How the ESG related assets under management break down by asset class and by active versus passive management styles
- Investment policies that seek to combat climate risk and other environmental concerns
- Demand for fair employment and diversity strategies
- How institutional investors and money managers are responding to growing public concern about mass shootings in the United States
- The impact of recent shareholder proposals and other investor engagement efforts
The 2018 Trends Report will be available for purchase on the US SIF website starting October 31.
About US SIF and the US SIF Foundation
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Its mission is to rapidly shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, asset owners, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing organizations and nonprofit organizations.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF, including offering training on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment. The 9th Annual US SIF Conference will be held in Minneapolis June 10-12, 2019.