US SIF Announces Newly Elected Board Members and Executive Committee Leadership
Six new members are elected or re-elected to US SIF's board of directors.WASHINGTON, D.C., January 12, 2017 – US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is pleased to announce the election or re-election of six new members to its board of directors, who began their three-year term on January 1, 2017. US SIF's 14-member board provides strategic guidance to advance sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes.
US SIF and the US Foundation use several strategies to advance sustainable investment including research, networking, policy, media outreach, training, education and convenings. The biennial Report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends, released November 14, 2016, provides data on the $8.72 trillion in professionally managed assets using one or more sustainable investment strategies across a broad range of ESG criteria such as climate change, human rights, weapons avoidance and corporate governance. The report is the most comprehensive assessment of the field of sustainable and impact investing in the United States and is included in the Global Sustainable Investment Review. US SIF also produces a highly regarded conference each year. A New Climate for Investing in Impact will be held in Chicago from May 11-12.
US SIF CEO Lisa Woll said “We are fortunate to have such a dedicated board who give their time and talent to help advance US SIF and the field of sustainable, responsible and impact investing. We're thrilled to welcome our new board members and are very grateful to our outgoing board members for their service.”
The new board members are:
- Steve Falci, Chief Investment Officer, Pax World Management
- Alyssa Greenspan, President/COO, Community Capital Management
- Bruce Kahn, Portfolio Manager, Sustainable Insight Capital Management
- Jonas Kron, Senior Vice President, Director of Shareholder Advocacy, Trillium Asset Management
- Craig Metrick, Director of Manager Due Diligence, Cornerstone Capital
- Jackie VanderBrug, Managing Director, US Trust/Bank of America
The members of the US SIF board executive committee are:
- Chair: Craig Metrick, Director of Manager Due Diligence, Cornerstone Capital
- Vice-Chair: Darragh Gallant, Managing Director, US and Director of Institutional Relations, North America for Sustainalytics
- Secretary: Mark Regier, Vice President of Stewardship Investing for Praxis Mutual Funds and Everence Financial
- Treasurer: Justin Conway, Vice President, Investment Partnerships, Calvert Foundation
US SIF Board Chair, Craig Metrick said “I'm honored to be part of this passionate and thoughtful board that is committed to enhancing US SIF's contributions to its members and to the sustainable and impact investing industry. As Board Chair, I also look forward to working with US SIF's talented staff and dedicated membership to embrace and navigate new opportunities in sustainable and impact investment.”
About US SIF
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Our mission is to rapidly shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing organizations, nonprofit associations, and pension funds, foundations and other asset owners.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF. Learn more at www.ussif.org.