Major Speakers Lined Up for First Annual Social Investment Forum Conference Taking Place June 9-10 in Washington, DC
Key Speakers Include SEC Commissioner Luis Aguilar; North Carolina State Treasurer Janet Cowell; Roger Urwin, Global Head of Investment Content, Towers Watson Investment Services; and Self Help/Center for Responsible Lending CEO Martin Eakes.
WASHINGTON--Leading speakers from the investment and policy worlds will play major roles when the Social Investment Forum (SIF) hosts its first-ever annual conference for leaders of the sustainable and socially responsible investing (SRI) community to learn about new approaches, trends and policy developments in the SRI field.
SIF also will be announcing a name change during the conference.
The inaugural SIF conference takes place June 9-10, including a public portion open to the news media on Friday, June 10th. Conference attendees will include representatives of investment management and advisory firms, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community development financial institutions (CDFIs), asset owners such as pension funds and foundations, international financial institutions, along with policymakers and corporate leaders.
Other conference speakers, moderators and panelists will include:
• Phyllis Borzi, assistant secretary of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration, Department of Labor;
• Scott J. Budde, CFA, managing director, TIAA-CREF;
• Francis G. Coleman, executive vice president, Christian Brothers Investment Services, Inc.;
• Lisa Davis, program officer, Ford Foundation;
• Ellen Dorsey, executive director, Wallace Global Fund;
• Janice Hester-Amey, portfolio manager, California Teachers' Retirement System;
• Jim Hourdequin, managing director, Lyme Timber;
• Michael Jantzi, CEO, Sustainalytics;
• Keith Johnson, chair, Institutional Investor Legal Services, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c;
• Patricia Jurewicz, director of Responsible Sourcing Network (RSN), As You Sow;
• Erika Karp, managing director, Head of Global Sector Research, UBS Investment Bank;
• Ken Locklin, managing director, Impax Asset Management;
• Jessica Matthews, associate director of mission-related investing, Cambridge Associates;
• Tim Mohin, director of corporate responsibility, AMD;
• Melissa Moye, Ph.D., chief investment officer, Maryland State Retirement and Pension System;
• Shilpa Patel, chief, Environment and Social Department, International Finance Corporation;
• Matt Patsky, CEO, Trillium Asset Management Corporation;
• Nancy Pfund, managing partner, DBL Investors;
• Vineet Rai, founder and CEO, Aavishkaar;
• Dean V. Shahinian, senior counsel, U.S. Senate Banking Committee;
• Damon Silvers, general counsel, AFL-CIO;
• Dave Stangis, vice president of CSR and Sustainability, Campbell Soup Company; and
• Joan Trant, executive director, International Association of Microfinance Investors.
For the full list of speakers and the complete conference agenda details, go to http://guest.cvent.com/d/0dqgkh. Registration information is available at http://bit.ly/2011SIFagenda.
Specific issues to be addressed by conference speakers will include perceptions of fiduciary duty with particular emphasis on the ramifications for social and sustainable investment; expanding opportunities in alternative asset classes; community investing in the United States; conflict minerals; a status report on implementing the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act; investor strategies for climate change solutions; ensuring responsible investing in microfinance; strategies for building long-term investing; food security and sustainable sourcing; and foundations entering the sustainable investing space.
For information about conference sponsors, please go to http://www.bit.ly/SIF2011sponsors.
WHEN: Friday, June 10, 2011 for news media members who have RSVPed in advance.
WHERE: The Fairmont Hotel, 2401 M Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
TO PARTICIPATE: Attending news organizations and reporters must RSVP by Monday, June 6, 2011, by contacting Meg Voorhes of SIF at (202) 872-5362 or email@example.com.
ABOUT SOCIAL INVESTMENT FORUM
The Social Investment Forum is the US membership association for professionals, firms, institutions and organizations engaged in socially responsible and sustainable investing (SRI). SIF and its members advance investment practices that consider environmental, social and corporate governance criteria to generate long-term competitive financial returns and positive societal impact. SIF's members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, banks, credit unions, community development organizations, non-profit associations, and pension funds, foundations and other asset owners.