US SIF Announces Opportunity for Students to Attend US SIF Conference FORUM 2021
The scholarship is intended to both introduce students to the sustainable investment field and to enhance the diversity of the field.
Washington, D.C., April 1, 2021 – US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
is now accepting applications for the 2021 Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship.
The scholarship program, now in its eighth year, supports up to fifteen undergraduate or graduate students to attend US SIF FORUM 2021
, the organization's 10th
annual conference, from June 15-18 taking place virtually. The scholarship is intended to both introduce students to the sustainable investment field and to enhance the diversity of the field—it grew out of a US SIF initiative on diversity and inclusion. All applications must be submitted online
and all components must be received by midnight EST on Friday, April 16, 2021.
Scholarship recipients receive:
- Registration for US SIF FORUM 2021 from June 15 - 18, 2021, including Member Day (scholars will have a prep session the week of June 7);
- Registration for the US SIF Foundation's live course, the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment, to be held on Monday afternoon, June 14; and
- One ticket to attend FORUM 2022, US SIF's in-person conference.
The objectives of the scholarship program are to:
- Identify and encourage students from communities under-represented in the sustainable investment field to explore careers in sustainable investment;
- Enhance students' knowledge of sustainable and impact investment; and
- Provide an opportunity for students to learn directly from leaders and experts in the field of sustainable investment through participating in the US SIF conference and being introduced to experts in the field.
The scholarship is for students who are:
- Enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting undergraduate or graduate program (in any field) at the time of application;
- In good academic standing; and
- Committed to or deeply interested in a career in sustainable and impact investment as demonstrated through their work/internships to date and through focus on this area in their academic studies or extra-curricular activities.
The scholarship is named for Peter DeSimone, who had a 20-year career in sustainable investment before his death in 2014 at the age of 43. Peter was a US SIF staff member for several years, inaugurating the position of Policy Director and helping launch our first conference.
These scholarships are made possible through the support of Boston Trust Walden
, Calvert Impact Capital
and Praxis Mutual Funds
About US SIF and the US SIF Foundation
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
is the leading voice advancing sustainable and impact investing across all asset classes. Its mission is to rapidly shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, asset owners, research firms, financial planners and advisors, community investing organizations and nonprofit associations.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation
, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational and research activities to advance the mission of US SIF.
Learn more at ussif.org