Events and Marketing Manager
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
is seeking candidates for the role of Events and Marketing Manager.
US SIF’s Events and Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of all US SIF events, including our national conference. This role is also responsible for marketing events and cultivating event sponsors. This role will also lead marketing for other US SIF initiatives and our social media work. This position reports to the Managing Director and works closely with other members of US SIF staff and external consultants.
The Events and Marketing Manager is responsible for duties which include but are not limited to:
Planning, Execution and Marketing of US SIF’s Annual Conference:
Planning, Execution and Marketing of Additional Events:
- Develop, monitor and manage an overall timeline and project plan to ensure a successful annual conference each year.
- Develop and implement a plan to meet registration and sponsorship revenue projections.
- Lead cultivation, with the assistance of staff and board members, of conference sponsorships, and manage all sponsor-related communications, including maintaining sponsor contact lists; identifying, marketing to and recruiting potential sponsors; coordinating the delivery of sponsor benefits and responding to inquiries.
- Develop, carry out and report on multi-channel marketing strategies (email, digital advertising, search) to promote and publicize registration and increase visibility for the conference
- Create and manage online event registration platform.
- Work with conference consultant on logistical details of events, including rooming lists, menus, audio-visual and IT requirements, supplies, and signage.
- Work with other vendors including photographers, AV, etc.
- Oversee creation of supporting materials and graphics, including conference signs, logos, mobile app, badges, etc.
- Work with consultant to finalize future event locations.
- Work with relevant staff on planning and marketing other events, including education courses, launch events for research reports and member receptions.
- Create and distribute persuasive marketing communications for US SIF events and programs via multi-channel marketing strategies, including email and social media.
- Generate and share daily content (original text, images, video, etc.) on industry news that engages individuals and institutions in the field and draws interest from wider social media users
- Develop social media campaigns and editorial calendars to promote US SIF programs and content, such as our courses, annual conference and research publications
- Analyze social media data and metrics, insights and best practices to continuously improve our social media presence and effectiveness
- Report on conference, other events and marketing and social media data in internal discussions and for board materials.
- Contribute to updating and maintaining designated pages of the US SIF website.
- Create and update graphics consistent with US SIF brand standards to assist in the marketing of events or other programs.
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 holidays and 2 personal floating days
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance
- FSA and commuter benefit programs for employees
Salary range of $75,000 – 85,000, commensurate with experience.
About US SIF and the US SIF Foundation:
is the leading voice advancing sustainable investing across all asset classes. US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation
, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
, using the subject line “Events and Marketing Manager.”
Final candidates will need to take a writing test. No phone calls, please.
Applications must be received by September 9, 2022, and will be reviewed as they are received.
US SIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Events and Marketing Manager
||Salary range of $75,000 – 85,000, commensurate with experience.
|Posting Start Date:
Competencies and Requirements:
A competitive candidate will have the following expertise and skills:
- Exceptional project management skills.
- At least three years' experience in organizing programs and events. Ability to create and maintain relationships with sponsors, consultants and other key audiences.
- Commitment to sustainability and interest in the field of sustainable investment
- Experience in growing social media presence across multiple platforms.
- Experience marketing events or products via promotional emails, organic search and social media content, and paid digital advertising channels including Twitter, LinkedIn and Google Ads. Experience with Mailchimp also preferred.
- Experience creating graphics in programs such as Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop.
- Detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to organize and track multiple projects to meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with social media marketing
- Knowledge of web design, web development and SEO
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to manage in-person events
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team – we welcome a sense of humor!
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with online conference and hotel registration systems (such as Aventri for events or Passkey for hotels) preferred
||This listing expires on: 9/29/2022