Associate Director, ESG/Impact
The Associate Director, Client Advisory, is responsible for supporting and leading select relationships with new and existing clients (including foundations, endowments, high-net-worth individuals and families) to build, preserve and manage their wealth. The Associate Director will help clients develop and manage a customized investment strategy aligned to their financial and values-based objectives as applicable. S/he will support team members in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, production and review of client facing materials, investment analysis (e.g. portfolio rebalancing and optimization), client communications and internal operational support according to company policies and procedures.
The preferred candidate will possess a deep understanding of wealth management and investment advisory services, possess strong business development and service capabilities, and a genuine interest and commitment to the integration of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and impact considerations in investing. They will engage with clients and team members in all stages of the investment advisory process including business development, onboarding, planning, implementation, and ongoing management.
: The Associate Director will work closely with Pathstone team members in Denver, New York and elsewhere to ensure high quality client service with a significant focus on sustainable and impact investing. The Associate Director will serve as the Team Leader for a select group of clients and serve in a client service coordination (CSC) role with senior team members supporting other clients. The CSC role includes coordinating with reporting, operations and tax/accounting personnel to ensure client needs are met in a seamless manner across functional departments. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Work collaboratively and proactively with team members to ensure positive client and team member experience, while coordinating and providing investment, administrative, operational, tax and planning support as needed
• Provide day-to-day oversight of client accounts and proactive client communications to ensure timely implementation of advice, as well as documentation of client interactions and advice provided
• Establish and maintain lines of communication with all client decision makers
• Oversee quarterly reporting process
• Assist with asset allocation, portfolio construction and rebalancing
• Help ensure meaningful integration of ESG/impact in all aspects of client relationship
• Review and respond to client requests for ad hoc reporting and other deliverables
• Follow all company policies and procedures and best practices including regarding client transactions, approvals, preparation for client meetings, report reconciliation, etc.
• Participate in investment reviews with clients to validate the clients' current investment objectives and suggest appropriate changes when necessary
• Actively cultivate and maintain relationships with external sources of new business
• Serve as a resource and discussion partner on thought leadership in the sustainable investment space