Staff Accountant, Arabella Finance
A detail-oriented self-starter with strong analytical skills who will ensure timely and accurate record of Arabella’s financial information
Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial information. We need you to be highly organized and detail and deadline-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously. The right candidate has outstanding client service skills, operates independently with minimal direction, and enjoys working in a fast paced, mission driven environment.
- Record weekly cash receipts and cash transactions
- Maintain fixed asset and lease schedules, depreciation, amortization, and resolve discrepancies.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate month-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries, resolving discrepancies, metrics reports, and GL and bank account reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly financial statements and other ad hoc reports, as needed.
- Manage tax schedules for Arabella entities annual partnership returns
- Manage sales and use tax and local tax jurisdiction reporting including research, analysis and preparation of returns
- Work closely with our registered agent to manage and track the multiple state business registrations and annual compliance requirements
- Serve as back-up for financial management support for a portfolio of family foundation clients
- Assist with preparation of the annual audit
- Support the Assistant Controller and the Accounting Manager with special projects
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.?
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)?
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click? here? to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Total Rewards (compensation and benefits)
We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our base salaries are based on a blend of similar sized organizations from different sectors, including nonprofits, foundations, and professional service firms. They are also based on local market rates and differentiated by geography.?
All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package on their first day of employment:
- Health insurance- On average Arabella pays 86% of the medical premium, 80% of the dental premium, and 100% of the vision premium
- Paid time off- 16 days’ vacation, 10 personal days, 11 company holidays (7 federal and 4 more from a list of inclusive?cultural and?religious holidays and your birthday), 20 hours’ volunteer leave, 8 weeks’ parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan-?Arabella will match up to 4% of your contributions. There is no waiting or vesting period; all funds are yours to keep on day 1
- Reimbursements for your personal cell phone plan and fitness
- Pre-tax withholding for transportation and parking
- Bonus incentive opportunities
- Access to professional development opportunities
While this position must be based in Durham, NC or Washington, DC, please note that due to COVID-19,?all Arabella Advisors' offices are closed, and we continue to temporarily work in a remote environment.
When we reopen -- currently anticipated in early 2022 -- we will be returning to work with a hybrid workplace strategy to ensure continued flexibility for our staff, while deepening our strong culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. It is our expectation that once we reopen, Arabellans will generally work 2-4 days per week from the office and 2-4 days at home/remotely. We will make reasonable accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
?How to Apply
Andrews & Cole is our recruiting partner for this position.
Please also include a brief statement detailing why you’re excited about Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific position.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement
prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and,?except in rare circumstances considered on a case-by-case basis, all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.?
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Staff Accountant, Arabella Finance
|Posting Start Date:
To Be Successful in This Position, You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, and a minimum of two years’ relevant accounting experience
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including accrual accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- A strong work ethic, well-organized and a self-starter; ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges?independently?
- Ability to effectively help communicate?complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including?adapting?style, tone and content?to meet various needs
- Ability to provide excellent service to?clients, including?being able?to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective?client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the?team?
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately?adapt to stakeholders’ needs?
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request?feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance?and to?seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities??
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Intermediate Excel skills
||This listing expires on: 2/19/2022