ClearBridge Investments is a leading global equity manager with $196 billion in assets under management as of 9/30/21. Our mission is to deliver long-term results through authentic active management. We pursue this goal through a combination of research-driven, fundamental investing and the insights of our veteran portfolio managers, some of whom have been managing the same portfolios for decades. We integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into our fundamental research process across industry sectors and in all our investment strategies.
As an ESG investor for over 30 years, ClearBridge remains at the forefront among asset managers in promoting and communicating the benefits of including ESG factors when selecting investments and building portfolios. ClearBridge takes a long-term, concentrated approach, holding companies for seven years on average across our portfolios. Our experience demonstrates that an active investing approach with a long-term focus and a commitment to ESG integration make for good business. This approach seeks to offer clients a return on their investments and make an impact. As part of this integration into our fundamental research process, we assign proprietary ESG ratings to companies and use those internal assessments to track progress toward stated goals over time and drive engagement with company managements
Owned by Franklin Templeton, ClearBridge operates with investment independence from headquarters in New York and offices in Baltimore, London, San Francisco, Sydney and Wilmington. ClearBridge Investments has been named by Pensions & Investments Magazine (P&I) as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management for the tenth year in a row. These awards reflect the Firm's diverse and inclusive culture,
spirit of collaboration, work/life balance and our ongoing investment in our employees. The Firm fosters a close-knit work environment that promotes career enhancement and development.
At ClearBridge, we believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to our success as an organization. We benefit from the sharing of different perspectives and our varied experiences. ClearBridge is proud to be a diverse company that promotes integrity, respect and teamwork and encourages new ideas and viewpoints. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is demonstrated through our unique culture, various recruitment efforts, employee programs, charitable and volunteer efforts.
ClearBridge Investments is seeking an ESG Associate to join their New York-based Environment, Social, & Governance (ESG) Investment and Strategy team. The ESG Associate will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of ClearBridge’s firmwide ESG investment approach. This includes a range of tasks that support ESG integration and impact activities being conducted by all investment teams and will act as a liaison for the ESG Strategy Team with all areas of the firm (central research, portfolio management, client-facing and other teams).
- Support firm-wide ESG projects
- Assist with monitoring of firm-wide engagement and stewardship efforts
- Assist with the firm’s annual Impact Report
- Act as a liaison between the investment teams and sales/marketing teams (periodic client reporting, ad hoc ESG requests/queries)
- Monitor the proprietary ESG coding system for the firm’s trading platform
- Ad hoc projects to advance the firm’s ESG integration and impact efforts
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of relevant experience a plus
- Passion for sustainability and impact investing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented, focused, and committed work ethic
- High ethical standards
Our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards. Our Total Rewards include:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, wellness, and risk benefits to protect employees and their families
- Retirement savings, stock purchase and other incentive programs to help employees plan for the future
- Holiday, paid-time-off and other employee programs that support work-life balance
- Support for pursuing certifications, external education, and degree programs
- Learning, development, and career advancement opportunities
- Ways to get involved in, and give back to, our communities, including paid time off for volunteering and charitable donation matching
ClearBridge Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Please apply directly at