Job Placement: Portfolio Manager (PM) www.harringtoninvestments.com
Harrington Investments, Inc. (HII), a 39-year old Napa, California based Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) specializing in socially responsible investing (SRI), is announcing the opening of a portfolio manager (PM) position. The position is available July 1, 2021.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The PM will report directly to the CEO. We are looking for an individual who works well as a team member of a small RIA staff in managing client portfolios and providing superior service.
ABOUT THE FIRM
Harrington Investments (HII) was founded by John Harrington in 1982 following his legislative staff career and ground-breaking South Africa legislative report, divestment legislation and serving as the Chair of California Governor’s Public Investment Task Force. Later he was one of the founders and Chairman of the Board of Working Assets and Progressive Asset Management, two early SRI / ESG pioneers.
HII is a leader in shareholder advocacy, introducing proposals on human and labor rights, health, climate change, animal welfare, privacy, surveillance, and stakeholder rights. Annually, the firm introduces 10-12 shareholder resolutions, often innovative and controversial, attacking corporate social injury.
The firm manages assets exclusively for individuals and institutions that have a social and environmental investment mission to hold corporations accountable for their impact on Civil Society.
Responsibilities for the new PM will include:
- Managing client assets using HII’s proprietary environmental, social, and governance (ESG) screening criteria, advocacy, and impact investing approach.
- Trading, rebalancing, and providing other portfolio management services.
- Day-to-day cash flow management of client accounts, including asset and sector allocation.
- Serving on the firm’s Investment Committee.
- Conducting security research and analysis.
- Evaluating investment vehicles to ensure they meet the social and financial goals of clients.
- Participating in account review and communicating with clients.
- Marketing HII’s proprietary SRI portfolio management services.
The PM will also provide occasional backup to the Client Services Administrator (CSA). The PM will also be required to become proficient with the firm’s portfolio management system (Orion) and the custodial interface with the HII broker dealer, Charles Schwab and Company. The PM may assist the CSA in technology support, training and troubleshooting.