ClearBridge Investments is a leading global equity manager with over $158 billion in assets under management. Our mission is to deliver long-term results through authentic active management. We pursue this goal through a combination of research-driven, fundamental investing and the insights of our veteran portfolio managers, some of whom have been managing the same portfolios for decades. We integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into our fundamental research process across industry sectors and in all our investment strategies. As an ESG investor for over 30 years, ClearBridge remains at the forefront among asset managers in promoting and communicating the benefits of including ESG factors when selecting investments and building portfolios. ClearBridge takes a long-term approach, holding companies for seven years on average across our portfolios. Our experience demonstrates that an active investing approach with a long-term focus and a commitment to ESG integration make for good business. This approach can offer clients a return on their investments and make an impact. As part of this integration into our fundamental research process, we assign proprietary ESG ratings to companies and use those internal assessments to track progress toward stated goals over time and drive engagement with company managements
Owned by Franklin Templeton, ClearBridge operates with investment independence from headquarters in New York and offices in Baltimore, London, San Francisco, Sydney and Wilmington. ClearBridge Investments has been named by Pensions & Investments Magazine (P&I) as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management for the eighth year in a row. These awards reflect the Firm's spirit of collaboration, work/life balance and ongoing investment in our employees. The Firm fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes career enhancement and development.
At ClearBridge, we believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to our success as an organization. We benefit from the sharing of different perspectives and our varied experiences. ClearBridge is proud to be a diverse company that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork and encourages new ideas and viewpoints. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture through our various recruitment and employee programs as well as our charitable and volunteer efforts.
We also ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards which include:
- Health, wellness and risk benefits to protect employees and their families
- Retirement savings, stock purchase and other incentive programs to help employees plan for the future
- Holiday, paid-time-off and employee programs that support work-life balance
- Learning, development and career advancement opportunities
- Support for pursuing certifications, external education and degree programs
- Ways to get involved in, and give back to, our communities, including paid time off for volunteering and charitable donation matching
ClearBridge is an equal opportunity employer.
ClearBridge Investments is seeking an Associate to join their New York-based Environment, Social, & Governance (ESG) investment program. The ESG Associate will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of ClearBridge’s firmwide ESG investment approach. This includes a range of tasks that support ESG integration and impact activities being conducted by all investment teams and will act as a liaison among all areas of the firm (Central Research, Portfolio Management teams, the ESG strategy team, client-facing teams and others).
- Monitor the firm wide proprietary ESG rating system
- Track the investment team’s ESG engagement/research
- Coordinate firm-wide impact efforts (track the firm’s multi-year progress)
- Attend C-suite company meetings alongside ClearBridge PMs and analysts
- Assist with the firm’s annual Impact Report
- Represent the firm with ESG networks, working groups, and collaborative engagement initiatives
- Act as a liaison between the investment teams and sales/marketing teams (periodic client reporting, ad hoc ESG requests/queries)
- Monitor the proprietary ESG coding system for the firm’s trading platform
- Ad hoc projects to advance the firm’s ESG integration and impact efforts