Sustainable Investing: An Online Course for Individual Investors – Next Steps
Congratulations on completing the US SIF Foundation’s Sustainable Investing: An Introductory Course for Individual Investors!
On this page you will find resources for next steps in order to align your investments to address your social and environmental priorities.
Course survey: Please share your feedback on the course with this brief survey.
Share this free course with friends and family via Twitter or email:
Bookmark this page to re-visit the action items listed below.
- Fill out an ESG questionnaire to uncover the issues that matter to you.
- If you own mutual funds and/or ETFs, explore tools like the six “Investing Your Values” websites from As You Sow, the Sustainability Ratings from Morningstar, the Heart Ratings from Natural Investments, and US SIF’s member mutual funds and ETFs chart to learn about the sustainability attributes of your funds.
- If you own individual stocks, vote your proxies.
- Research and engage your retirement plan:
- Are there sustainable investment options?
- If not, download "Plan Participants—How to Add an SRI Option in Your Retirement Plan".
- Share the US SIF Resources Guide for Plan Sponsors.
- Consider banking with community investing institutions, as well as investing in specific community focused products (CDs/Notes/Loan funds). To find a community development bank or credit union, please visit:
- CDFI Fund
- Community Development Bankers Association
- Green America
- National Community Investment Fund
- Opportunity Finance Network
- Consider professional investment help. One resource is US SIF’s member directory of sustainable investment institutions and professionals.
- Get involved in your community and help move organizations to adopt sustainable investing.
- US SIF Sustainable Investing Basics
- Sustainable Investment Financial Performance Studies
- US SIF Guides for Retirement Plans
- Green America’s Retirement Plan Guide
- Green America's "Better Banking" Portal