Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship
The Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship Program supports up to six undergraduate or graduate students to attend the US SIF 9th Annual Conference, New Challenges New Opportunities, in Minneapolis from June 10 – June 12, 2019.
The main objectives of the scholarship program are to:Scholarship recipients receive:
- Enhance students’ knowledge of sustainable and impact investment.
- Motivate students to become practitioners upon graduation.
- Provide opportunities to learn directly from sustainable investment experts and to make new professional contacts.
- Registration for US SIF’s 9th Annual Conference in Minneapolis June 10 - 12, 2019 (scholars arrive on the evening of June 9);
- Registration for US SIF Foundation’s live course, the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment, to be held at the conference; and
- Lodging (shared room) for non-local participants and eligibility for travel reimbursements.
The Peter DeSimone Conference Scholarship is for students who are:
- Enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting undergraduate or graduate program (in any field) at the time of application;
- In good academic standing; and
- Committed to or deeply interested in a career in sustainable investment.
How to apply:
Click here for the application form. The application deadline is midnight on March 24.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the scholarship program or application process.
The scholarship is named for Peter DeSimone, who had a 20-year career in sustainable investment. Peter was a US SIF staff member for several years, inaugurating the position of Policy Director and helping launch our first conference.
He also worked at the Investor Responsibility Research Center (IRRC) in the mid-1990s, initially focusing on South Africa’s post-apartheid transition, and helped found the Sustainable Investments Institute (Si2), which provides impartial research to institutional investors.
Peter passed away in 2014 at the age of 43.