US SIF Members Recognized in Barron's List of the 20 Most Influential People in ESG Investing
The list appeared in Barron's June 23rd special report on sustainable investing as a “Who's Who” of people setting the sustainable and impact investing agenda.WASHINGTON, D.C., June 28, 2018 – Lisa Woll, the CEO of US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment and 13 US SIF member firms were recognized on Barron's list of “The 20 Most Influential People in ESG Investing.” The list appeared in Barron's June 23rd special report on sustainable investing as a “Who's Who” of people setting the sustainable and impact investing agenda.
According to Barron's, “…we talked to dozens of people, all of them active in sustainable investing, to find out who they thought should make our list. We also talked to our colleagues at Barron's, who have been watching the rise of the sustainable-investing space. We ended up with a catalog of several dozen people and institutions. We culled them to 20 of those who were repeatedly nominated by the people in the industry.”
In addition to Lisa Woll, the following US SIF member firm were also included:
• Michael Bloomberg, Founder, Bloomberg LP
Amy Domini, Founder, Domini Impact Investments
• Jerome Dodson, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Parnassus Investments
• Jon Hale, Head of Sustainable Research, Morningstar
• Michael Jantzi, CEO, Sustainalytics
• Joe Keefe, CEO, Impax Asset Management
• Linda-Eling Lee, Global Head of ESG Research, MSCI
• Amy O'Brien, Head of Responsible Investment, TIAA Investments/Nuveen
• Matt Patsy, CEO, Trillium Asset Management
• Jean Rogers, Founder and former CEO, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
• Tim Smith, Director of ESG Shareowner Engagement, Walden Asset Management
• Anna Snider, Head of Due Diligence, Chief Investment Office, Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management
• John Streur, CEO, Calvert Research and Management.
Lisa Woll said, “I am honored to be part of Barron's 20 Most Influential People in ESG Investing and to share recognition with 13 US SIF member firms. I am equally thrilled about the inclusion of practitioners with decades of experience and more recent entrants. The breadth of practitioners engaged in sustainable investment led the field to nearly $9 trillion of assets at the beginning of 2016. Our 2018 Report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends, which will be released in the fall, will provide the most up to date statistics about the growth of the field and the cutting edge issues and trends.”
About US SIF
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Its mission is to rapidly shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, asset owners, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing organizations and nonprofit associations. US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF, including offering trainings on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment. The 9th Annual US SIF Conference will be held in Minneapolis from June 10-12, 2019.