US SIF Selects Inaugural Class of Policy Leaders
The program is a unique opportunity for US SIF members to be trained on the skills necessary to inform, monitor and engage directly on public policy issues of strategic importance to sustainable, responsible and impact investors.
WASHINGTON, D.C., May 14, 2018
– US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment has selected the participants for its first Policy Leaders program. The program is a unique opportunity for US SIF members to be trained on the skills necessary to inform, monitor and engage directly on public policy issues of strategic importance to sustainable, responsible and impact investors. The inaugural class of this industry-leading program will launch at US SIF's highly regarded annual conference, Investing for A Sustainable World,
in Washington, D.C. from May 30 - June 1.
Policy Leaders will take part in convenings, webinars, policy briefings and meeting with members and committees in the US House and Senate. They will have the opportunity to actively engage with US SIF policy staff and learn from other impact investing and policy experts. A key benefit of the program is one-on-one coaching throughout the program along with multiple opportunities for collaboration and shared learning among the participants.
Lisa Woll, CEO of US SIF said, "Legislators and regulators have a profound impact on the environment in which sustainable investment occurs and on many of the issues sustainable investors care about. Engagement with policymakers is vital to the continued growth and positive impact of sustainable and impact investment. Graduates of this program will be positioned to meaningfully participate in educating policymakers and to share their newly acquired skills with colleagues and others."
First year participants are:
About US SIF
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
- Sarah Adams, Vert Asset Management, Sausalito, CA
- Wilneida Negron, Ford Foundation, New York, NY
- Brady Quirk-Garvan, Natural Investments, Charleston, SC
- Shane Yonston, Impact Investors, San Diego, CA
is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Its mission is to rapidly shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, asset owners
research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing organizations and nonprofit associations.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF, including offering trainings on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment
. The biennial Report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends
will be published later this year.
For more information about the Policy Leaders Program, please contact Bryan McGannon, Director of Policy and Programs at US SIF: BMcGannon@ussif.org
Learn more at www.ussif.org