The Sustainable Investment Research Analyst Network
The Sustainable Investment Research Analyst Network (SIRAN) is a working group of US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment. SIRAN engages more than 300 US SIF members who are North American sustainable investment research analysts from over 60 investment firms, research providers and afilliated investors groups.
SIRAN's sustainability research analysts research and evaluate corporate policies and performance on various environmental, social and governance issues within companies, including health and safety issues, diversity and human resources policies, and human rights and the supply chain. Such research may be used among investment managers in creating proprietary SRI products, portfolios, corporate benchmarking reports, risk assessments and to engage with companies to encourage better performance.
Benefits of SIRAN Participation
Members of SIRAN have opportunities to:
- Participate in a forum where analysts share best practices, thoughts on emerging issues and resources
- Engage in and help organize monthly educational events, such as webinars and conference calls, on topical issues of interest
- Join SIRAN calls with publicly traded companies to research, review and ask questions about environmental, social and governance policies and performance
- Gain leadership development within the sustainable and responsible investment community through involvement with SIRAN's Steering Committee and two sub-committees: Membership and Outreach, and Sustainable Education and Company Engagement (SECE)
Our 3 Goals
- Articulate a collective voice on issues relevant to environmental, social and governance (ESG) research
- Serve as a resource to companies by providing a point of contact in the sustainability investment analyst community
- Provide professional support to sustainability investment analysts
SIRAN has 10 steering committee members representing 7 organizations across North America:
- Meggin Thwing Eastman (co-chair), MSCI ESG Research
- Tessie Petion (co-chair), Domini Social Investment Services
- Shadé Brown, Calvert Investments
- Olga Emelianova, MSCI ESG Research
- Greg Hasevlat, Pax World Management
- Dayna Linley-Jones, Sustainalytics
- Mike Lombardo, Calvert Investments
- Leah Turino, Boston Common Asset Management
- Mariela Vargova, Rockefeller & Co.
- Annie White, Sustainalytics
Additional SIRAN members support the work of the steering committee by serving on sub-committees. Please find full bios of committee members here.
To view a list of previous and upcoming SIRAN-organized and other US SIF events, please visit our calendar. The majority of SIRAN events are for SIRAN members only.
If you are a US SIF member and a sustainability research analyst and would like to join SIRAN to participate in its electronic discussion group and other benefits, please email us.
Not a US SIF member? Join us to get involved.