Online and Live Courses
February 25, 2014
*ANNOUNCEMENT* New Webinar on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment
In addition to our self paced online offering and live conference offerings of Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment, the US SIF Foundations' Center for Sustainable Investment Education is offering the course through an easy to access webinar on February 25, 2014.
Online Course on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment
Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment (SRI) is a new introductory resource for investment advisors, financial planners and other financial professionals who want to learn the basics of sustainable and responsible investment. It offers a unique blend of instruction and scenario learning that will enhance your ability to incorporate SRI into investment portfolios, understand the latest trends and research and communicate your expertise in sustainable and responsible investment.
Completion of the course results in a certificate, 3 CFP® Board, CFA Institute, CIMA®, CIMC® and CPWA® continuing education credits and a better understanding of this rapidly growing industry.
- Introduction to SRI
- Strategies for application of SRI
Module 2: SRI Portfolio Construction and Shareowner Advocacy
- Asset class mix and weighting, ESG analysis
- Selecting public equity, fixed income, cash, alternative investments and community investments for an SRI portfolio
- Active shareowner strategies
Module 3: Current SRI Trends and Issues
- Financial performance and SRI
- Academic studies and trends
- An overview of organizations engaged in SRI
Module 4: Communicating your SRI Expertise with Clients
- The value of adding SRI to your practice
- Addressing perceptions of SRI
- Working with clients and building a client base
US SIF Member: $240.00
Group Rates for 100 or more are available. Contact Terry Thornton (202-872-5347) for more information.
Live Instruction on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment
The Center for Sustainable Investment Education accepts requests for live instruction offerings of Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment on a case by case basis.
Previous live instruction course offerings
- The US SIF Conference: Finance for a Sustainable Future at the Westin River North in Chicago, Illinois (May 20th, 2013)
- The SRI Conference at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado (October 28th, 2013)
Future live instruction course offerings
- The 2014 US SIF Conference: Markets, Mission and Materiality at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC (May 19-21, 2014).
Contact Terry Thornton (202-872-5347) for more information.