Online and Live Courses
Register for or sign back into the online course. This course currently only works in Internet Explorer.
Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment (SRI) is a new introductory resource for investment advisors, financial planners and other financial professionals who want to learn the basics of sustainable and responsible investment. It offers a unique blend of instruction and scenario learning that will enhance your ability to incorporate SRI into investment portfolios, understand the latest trends and research and communicate your expertise in sustainable and responsible investment.
Completion of the course results in a certificate, 3 CFP® Board, CFA Institute, CIMA®, CIMC® and CPWA® continuing education credits and a better understanding of this rapidly growing industry.
Module 1: An Overview of SRI
- Introduction to SRI
- Strategies for application of SRI
Module 2: SRI Portfolio Construction and Shareowner Advocacy
- Asset class mix and weighting, ESG analysis
- Selecting public equity, fixed income, cash, alternative investments and community investments for an SRI portfolio
- Active shareowner strategies
Module 3: Current SRI Trends and Issues
- Financial performance and SRI
- Academic studies and trends
- An overview of organizations engaged in SRI
Module 4: Communicating your SRI Expertise with Clients
- The value of adding SRI to your practice
- Addressing perceptions of SRI
- Working with clients and building a client base
Previous Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment Events
The 2015 US SIF Conference: Risk, Value, Impact at the Westin Michigan Avenue in Chicago, IL (May 4, 2015)
The SRI Conference at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO (November 9, 2014)
The 2014 US SIF Conference: Markets, Mission and Materiality at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC (May 19, 2014)
The SRI Conference at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO (October 28, 2013)
The 2013 US SIF Conference: Finance for a Sustainable Future at the Westin River North in Chicago, IL (May 20, 2013)
Contact Farzana Hoque (202-407-7133) for more information.
Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment is supported by: