US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment Adds Four New Board Members, Three Re-elected to Three-Year Term
WASHINGTON, DC- US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment (US SIF), the national nonprofit membership association for professionals, firms, institutions and organizations engaged in sustainable and responsible investing. (SRI), and the US SIF Foundation today announced that four industry leaders have joined its boards of directors and another three members have been re-elected.
- · Peter Coffin, Founder and President, Breckinridge Capital Advisors;
- · Alyssa Greenspan, Chief Operating Officer,Community Capital Management;
- · Hilary Irby, Executive Director in the Global Sustainable Finance (GSF) group and Head of the Investing with Impact Initiative, Morgan Stanley; and
- · Mark Regier, Director of Stewardship Investing, Praxis Mutual Funds.
Paul Hilton, Partner, Trillium Asset Management; Phil Kirshman, Account Vice President, Senior Portfolio Manager, The Leonard Sustainable Investment Group, UBS Institutional Consulting Group; and Craig Metrick, Principal and US Head of Responsible Investment, Mercer were re-elected to the board. Hilton was elected to the Board's Executive Committee as Chair along with Darragh Gallant (Vice Chair), Betsy Zeidman (Secretary) and Metrick (Treasurer).
Coffin is the founder and president of Breckinridge Capital Advisors, a Boston based investment advisor specializing in the management of high-grade municipal and corporate bond portfolios. He is active in the management of these portfolios and with Breckinridge's research group. In addition to serving on the US SIF Foundation's Education Committee, Coffin spoke at US SIF's 2013 annual conference on the topic, “The Emergence of Fixed Income in Sustainable Investing."
An active member of US SIF for several years, Greenspan has served on the Agenda Committee for the 2013 and 2014 US SIF annual conferences and actively participates in the US SIF Foundation's Community Investing Working Group. She has been involved in community and impact investing since joining Community Capital Management over 10 years ago. As Chief Operating Officer, Greenspan manages the day-to-day operations of the firm including overseeing risk management, portfolio compliance and client service.
As the Head of Morgan Stanley's Investing with Impact Initiative, Irby works with a broad range of managers across asset classes, as well as financial advisors and investors across market segments who are motivated to consider the environmental and social impacts of their investments. Irby serves on the US SIF Foundation's Education Committee and was an active contributor to the development of the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Responsible Investment online course.
Regier has been involved in the SRI industry for more than 15 years and was a founding chair of the US SIF Foundation's International Working Group. He has also served on the Agenda Committee for the US SIF annual conference. As the Director of Stewardship Investing for Praxis Mutual Funds, Regier oversees the company's investment screening, proxy voting and corporate engagement as well as its high-impact lending activities.
- · Meredith Benton, Vice President, Boston Common Asset Management, LLC
- · Michelle Clayman, Managing Partner & CIO, New Amsterdam Partners
- · Justin Conway, Senior Director, Investment Partnerships, Calvert Foundation
- · Kimberlee Cornett, Director, Social Investments, Kresge Foundation
- · Darragh Gallant, Managing Director, U.S. and Director of Institutional Relations North America, Sustainalytics
- · Paul Hilton, Partner, Trillium Asset Management
- · Phil Kirshman, Account Vice President, Senior Portfolio Manager, The Leonard Sustainable Investment Group, UBS Institutional Consulting Group
- · Craig Metrick, Principal and US Head of Responsible Investment, Mercer
- · Dan Nielsen, Director, Socially Responsible Investing, Christian Brothers Investment Services
- · Curtis Ravenel, Global Head, Sustainability Group, Bloomberg LP
- · Reginald Stanley, CEO & Founder, Sustainable Growth Strategies, LLC
- · Betsy Zeidman, Strategic Impact Solutions
US SIF Board Chair Paul Hilton said: "We are very pleased that Peter Coffin, Alyssa Greenspan, Hilary Irby and Mark Regier have joined the US SIF Board. They each bring unique perspectives and deep experience in the sustainable investing field that make them outstanding additions to the US SIF board. I thank them for their commitment and willingness to serve on the board.”
# # #
ABOUT US SIF: THE FORUM FOR SUSTAINABLE AND RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment (http://www.ussif.org) is the US membership association for professionals, firms, institutions and organizations engaged in sustainable and responsible investing. US SIF and its members advance investment practices that consider environmental, social and corporate governance criteria to generate long-term competitive financial returns and positive societal impact. US SIF's members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, banks, credit unions, community development organizations, non-profit associations, and pension funds, foundations and other asset owners.
The US SIF Foundation is a 501c3 organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF.